Theresa A. Mongiovi is a Principal and Chair of the firm's Employment and Labor Practice Group. She concentrates her practice on representing businesses, municipalities, non-profits, and executives in all aspects of the employment relationship. She also represents clients in business and commercial litigation. She litigates in various administrative agencies including the EEOC and PHRC as well as all state and federal courts in Pennsylvania.
Ms. Mongiovi helps clients with business counseling and disputes, executive compensation and contracts, employee manuals, discipline and termination, workplace investigations, enforcement of restrictive covenants, employee misconduct and theft, policy development and review, and discrimination defense. Her knowledge of state and federal laws, including FMLA, ADA, ADEA, Title VII, and wage and hour, coupled with experience in defending claims enables her to fully support her client’s needs. Ms. Mongiovi conducts complex workplace investigations and provides specialized training for businesses.
Whether in the courtroom, before a state or federal agency, or in the boardroom, Ms. Mongiovi fiercely and creatively advocates for her clients. She has a unique perspective in not only litigating claims, but also helping businesses to develop policies and practices to avoid them. She prides herself on providing legal counseling with professionalism, patience, and levity. What she enjoys most about her career is not only educating her clients about the legal requirements applicable to their business, but also using creative approaches to solve complex legal issues.
Read full bio >
Read less >
- Co-Presenter, "Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations," Lancaster SHRM June 2022 Breakfast Program (June 14, 2022)
- Co-Presenter, “OSHA’s Vaccine Mandate,” Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), Lancaster Chapter Webinar (November 15, 2021)
- Co-Presenter, "The Impact of OSHA's Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) on Employers," Post & Schell Webinar (November 9, 2021)
- Presenter, "Employment & Medical Marijuana," The Lambert Center for Medicinal Cannabis and Hemp Institute for Emerging Health Professions (Thomas Jefferson University & Jefferson Health) Webinar (November 4. 2021)
- Co-Presenter, "Employment Law and Workers' Compensation Law Update," Post & Schell Event at the Lancaster Country Club (October 28, 2021)
- Co-Presenter, "Ready for Round 2 of the Pandemic? COVID-19 Update for Employers," Post & Schell Webinar (September 30, 2021)
- Co-Presenter, “(Employers) Better Have My Money: Navigating Wage and Hour Issues in the Post-Pandemic Workplace," SHRM Lancaster Chapter Fall Legal Update (September 14, 2021)
- Presenter, “Federal Employment Law – New Compliance, Fines & Government Action," Net@Work Webinar (July 23, 2021)