Abe Rein Serves on Panel Discussion Examining Pennsylvania and Federal Grand Jury Practice at PACDL's 2021 Virtual White Collar Practice Seminar on Nov. 11
On November 11, 2021, at 9:00 am ET, Abraham J. Rein served on the panel discussion, "Having a Grand Old Time: Navigating Pennsylvania State and Federal Grand Jury Practice," as part of the Pennsylvania Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers' (PACDL) 2021 Virtual White Collar Practice Seminar. Mr, Rein was joined by Mark B. Sheppard, Partner, Klehr Harrison Harvey Branzburg LLP, and Carson B. Morris, Senior Counsel, Saxton & Stump.
The panel examined:
- The basics of grand juries
- The role of secrecy in a grand jury
- The changes brought about by state grand juries
- The rights of witnesses to be notified of their criminal exposure
- Invoking the Fifth Amendment privilege against self-incrimination