Robin Nagele Presents on Advanced Practitioner Professionals at AHLA's Physicians andHospitals Law Institute on Feb. 5 and 6
On February 5 and 6, 2018, Robin Locke Nagele, Co-Chair of the Firm's Health Care Practice Group co-presented, "Advanced Practitioner Professionals (APPs) in the Hospital/Health System Setting," at the American Health Lawyers Association's (AHLA) Physicians and Hospitals Law Institute in New Orleans, LA. Ms. Nagle co-presented with Stephanie Sher, Senior Counsel, Medical Staff Affairs at The Johns Hopkins Health System.
Offered February 5 from 4:30 - 5:30 pm CT abd February 6 from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm CT, the presentation reviewed:
- Quality, efficiency, and economic factors driving the use of APPs.
- Scope of practice and oversight from supervising/ collaborating physicians, including prescribing requirements.
- Licensing, credentialing, and privileging challenges, including appropriate level of “due process” for restriction/revocation of clinical privileges
- Integrating APPs into medical staff governance
- Hospital employment, use, and billing for APPs