Theresa Mongiovi and Angela Sanders Present on OSHA's ETS and Employer Vaccine Mandates for Lancaster SHRM on Nov. 15
On November 15, 2021 at 12:00 pm ET, Theresa A. Monviovi and Angela H. Sanders presented, "OSHA Vaccine Mandate Webinar," for the Lancaster chapter of the Society of Human Resource Management (SHRM).
On November 5th, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) issued the emergency temporary standard (ETS) applicable to private-sector employees in businesses with more than 100 employees.
The ETS establishes new requirements to protect workers from exposure to COVID-19 and includes:
- Mandatory vaccination or negative testing requirements
- Time off/paid leave for vaccinations
- Enforcement mechanisms
- Removal of positive employees from the workplace
- Costs for testing
- New face covering requirements
- Reporting fatalities and hospitalizations
- Impact on previous federal contractor guidance
Ms. Mongiovi and Ms, Sanders discussed the new OSHA ETS, what it means for employers, provided best practices for navigating its implementation, and examined how the ETS might fare against challenges in court.