Consulting and litigation services to employers and management in employment-related collective and class actions.
Post & Schell, P.C.'s Employment Collective/Class Actions Group provides consulting and litigation services to employers and management in wage and hour collective and class actions, as well as employment law class actions.
Employment collective and class actions often seek millions of dollars in damages and can be extremely costly to defend. Our attorneys understand the business pay practices that may lead to Department of Labor (DOL) investigations and/or civil litigation such as unpaid break periods, preliminary and postliminary work activity, and training time. We assist our clients in auditing their payroll practices and policies to identify areas of exposure and when necessary, we recommend revisions to existing policies and/or the implementation of new policies. Our professionals also understand human resources practices that may result in “pattern and practice” claims and assist clients in identifying and correcting practices and policies that put an employer at risk.
Our Collective/Class Action attorneys regularly provide advice, counsel, and representation with respect to a wide array of issues, such as the following:
- Counsel and advice regarding compliance with federal and state wage and hour, and employment laws.
- Audits of employment and payroll practices and policies.
- Review, modification, and creation of payroll and employment policies.
- Defend employers in federal and state courts against collective and class actions.
- Defend employers in DOL investigations.